Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hashbrown Casserole

This is my version of Cracker Barrel's Hashbrown Casserole. Years and years ago I found a recipe that claimed to be a version of the Cracker Barrel recipe but something was missing. I talked to a friend that worked there at the time and she let me in on a little secret. I'm about to spill the secret.
Colby Cheese!
It really makes a difference. Trust me!

I always make this for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and sometimes for "just cuz". 


It's great as a side dish and I often have it for breakfast the day after a holiday. It's so easy and makes enough to feed a large crowd.

Hashbrown Casserole




Hashbrown Casserole
Prep Time: 10 min.   Cook Time: 35-40 min.

2  packages ( 22.5 ounces each) frozen hashbrown patties - About 20 patties
1 ½ cup (12 ounces) Sour Cream
1 can (10.5 ounces) Cream of Chicken soup
2 cups shredded Colby cheese
1 small onion, chopped
¼ - ½ cup butter, melted
1-2 tbsp butter, to sauté onions
 1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper

The ingredients.

Thaw the hashbrown patties.
Preheat oven to 350º.
Chop the onion and sauté in 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter. I like mine dark and fully cooked.




While onion is cooking, break apart the hashbrowns in a large casserole dish or 9x13 pan. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. 


 
Ready to be mixed.

Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.

Serves 12-14 
This varies depending on if being served as main or side dish.


Enjoy!


Until next time!
 

2 comments:

  1. I made this for supper today. It was easy to make and delicious!

    ReplyDelete